Lindsey Buckingham playing a butterscotch telecaster

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
Lindsey may own several Fender Telecasters, but he also played a sunburst Stratocaster
1642174623553.png

This one has a mini humbucker in the neck, a humbucker in the middle and a single coil pickup in the bridge. Lindsey mostly used a Les Paul on the Rumours album, but I believe the slide riffage on Monday Morning was played on a Telecaster, as was Over My Head and World Turning. He eventually moved on to the Rick Turner guitars, and also played the Gibson Chet Atkins classical/electric guitar for live performances of Big Love and Landslide (largely because Rick Turner spent some time at Gibson in the late Eighties in their development and research division).

It is rumored that the Telecaster was manufactured circa 1952 to 1954, and converted to an Esquire. Buckingham used this Tele on the Buckingham Nicks album, and eventually gave it to his son, William. He has also played several Rickenbackers, a Dobro, Les Pauls, Ovation and Taylor acoustic guitars and even a Gretsch through several Marshall amps and phase shifters.

1642180288343.png

I sure as hell hope everyone enjoys this thread and Lindsey's curls. I know I will.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Love his playing and his ability and most of his music…but dang, he is a noteworthy for being an extraordinarily difficult person in a band full of difficult people.