Hohner Owners

leftcoastarborist

Tele-Holic
Very nice Lee! Do you know what the approximate model is of the 150th Anniversary guitar? Where was it made?
Greg, the guitar is a prototype of the 150 guitars made for sale to the public, same number of that harmonica having 150 for sale to the public. The guitar was probably made in the Czech Republic (some Hohner prototypes were), but again no records found to confirm. It is is a jumbo concert acoustic/electric. No model number or serial number. No idea how many were built but, these were meant to be given as gifts to employees for the anniversary. I bought it from a Hohner employee that got it from an employee warehouse sale. The top is spruce, back and sides are pear wood (same as combs in some of the harmonicas), ebony fretboard and bridge,Schaller tuners with ebony buttons. Many differences from the ones for public sale (see pictures in an earlier post). This guitar still has the original strings from 2007. I will restring it one day. It came in a nice hardcase with HOHNER molded into the top.

Gsweng

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Greg, the guitar is a prototype of the 150 guitars made for sale to the public, same number of that harmonica having 150 for sale to the public. The guitar was probably made in the Czech Republic (some Hohner prototypes were), but again no records found to confirm. It is is a jumbo concert acoustic/electric. No model number or serial number. No idea how many were built but, these were meant to be given as gifts to employees for the anniversary. I bought it from a Hohner employee that got it from an employee warehouse sale. The top is spruce, back and sides are pear wood (same as combs in some of the harmonicas), ebony fretboard and bridge,Schaller tuners with ebony buttons. Many differences from the ones for public sale (see pictures in an earlier post). This guitar still has the original strings from 2007. I will restring it one day. It came in a nice hardcase with HOHNER molded into the top.
Very unique guitar. I would definitely keep it with the harmonica. Not too many people, if any, have both from the 150th Anniversary collection.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Gregor Hilden. Greg's Guitars. I watch this guy on just about a daily basis. The number of top notch guitars that have passed through his hands as he has demo'ed and sold them is mind-boggling. And his mum's-the-word/I'll-let-my-fingers-do-the-talking approach is refreshing. And he's a really good guitarist.

Tonight YouTube recommended this video to me. I had to share it here.