5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’m gonna say my TU3.

Gotta have a tuner. It’s the best pedal tuner out there for live stage use. Works right, works fast, lasts forever, doesn’t cost much. Mine has probably been stomped on somewhere in the vicinity of 972 million times. Still works every gig.

Everything else is fair game. You just never know when you’ll find an OD or clean boost that you like better than the one you’ve got. Right now it would be easy to say my Wampler Euphoria is a keeper. But it may not be if I find something I like more down the line.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

It's not so much never sell with me, but rather, no need to sell.

As in, I have what I need* (and very little surplus) and most are good enough so I don't feel I have to replace them.**

Probably I will never sell my Boss DM-2. I lent it to someone a very long time ago and it came back years later rather battered and with a dodgy switch (& minus its companions, an MXR Distortion + and CE-2).*** But it still sounds great, even though I don't use it much.

Interestingly, my KOT is the most under threat. And that's cos while I really really like the 'Boost' side, I'm not so keen on the 'Overdrive / Distortion' side. I think I'd like a Prince of Tone and to pair that with my Keeley Super Phat Mod overdrive, cos I freaking love that.

Edit: ha ha, apparently I already posted basically the same thing two pages back. Doh...

Pax/
Dean
* okay, 'need' and 'want' are two different things ;)
** and yeah, 'don't' and 'won't' are also two different things :rolleyes:
** I no longer lend gear :mad:

Last edited:

takauya

Tele-Meister
BOSS TU-2
RAT
L6 Echo Park x 2
L6 DL4 (as a looper)

This list is actually all pedals currently I own. lol

_SubApathy_

NEW MEMBER!
JHS Sweet Tea v2 (prototype)
JHS Morning Glory/Twin Twelve (custom 2-in-1)
Chase Bliss Thermae (Vintage & Rare Edition)
Chase Bliss/Cooper Generation Loss (Joel's Demo Unit)
Land Devices/Farm No Masters

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Nux Horseman
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Keeley Fuzz Bender
Wampler Reflections
MXR Carbon Copy

Actually, I probably wouldn't sell any of them...but use those five the most.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
i build them for like 30 or 40 bucks, i sell the non-DIY ones whenever there's a spike in the market and maybe rebuild them DIY, or find another option.

guitar pedals are just "general idea/topology," and not specific models for me.

the only "never sell" thing i have in electronics has been my elektron octatrack. nothing remotely as good, could practically never make something like that for myself, and nothing ever for the deal i got again.

Last edited:

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I'm in the process of reassessing my needs right now.
20220118_172043.jpg

1. The mustard MXR non-light Distortion + that I bought new in 1979 is a lifer.

2. Boss DD-2 Digital Delay is also a lifer. Not sure when I bought it, but it was a LONG time ago and it has never let me down. Its DSD-2 twin is nice too.

3. Korg DT-10 Tuner... for obvious reasons.

4. AWOL Custom A/B Switch, just lets me switch quietly between two guitars.

5. MXR Analog Chorus is a new fave that I can't live without.

Some of these will be posted for sale this week. The DynaComp has less than an hour on it, it's just not for me. Not sure why I bought it new.

My old 80s DOD pedals that I bought new will go as well.

Sea Devil

Friend of Leo's
I like my TC Electronic Alter Ego delay, MXR Micro Amp, and Blackstone Appliances MOSFET overdrive a lot, but I suppose I'd replace any of them if I found something better. Same goes for my awesome but rarely used Barber Launch Pad.
I have only two that could never be improved upon: the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner and the Moyo mini volume pedal, which is only 6" X 2" X 1 5/8". I don't use the volume pedal a lot, but I can't imagine bringing a full-sized pedal anywhere now that I have it. I gave my Edwards to my nephew and sold the Dunlop.